10.12.2008

MPG Update

Odometer: 200.2

Had to fill my little tank for the second time today – yes, it’s actually been over two months since I had to get gas for my scooter despite all the running around I do – and I am pleased to report that Pete Lee still gets excellent gas mileage. And once again, the gas pump refused to give me a receipt. How strange. (Is this a discrimination trend against people who buy small increments of gas, I wonder?). But here are the facts:

  • 83.1 miles driven since last fill-up
  • 0.90 gallons of gas purchased, at a cost of $2.97
  • Total MPG this fill-up: 92.5 MPG
  • Overall MPG: 99.3 MPG
This is a quite a bit less than my first fill-up, but Jen noticed yesterday that my tire pressure is a bit low and that may account for some of the difference. Also, I’ve been making a lot more short trips (2 miles or less) and a lot fewer long drives – and we all know what that can do to your fuel efficiency. Still, I dare anyone out there to provide better results.

…. I’m waiting ….


1 comment:

Steve said...

I noticed my gas mileage decrease this last fill-up also. First fill up was 70.1mpg. Second fill up was around 65. This last one was 59. WTF is that? I meant to check my tire pressure also, but forgot. Also, I think I've been driving at greater speeds, which I'm sure sucks up the gas! I'm trying to be a little smoother on the throttle and see if that help. I'll keep you posted.