6.29.2010

back in the saddle again

odometer: 1505

Today was a milestone for me. In January, I was in a car accident and broke my leg. It was a fracture of the tibia, right where the leg bone and ankle bone meet. I was in a cast for a long time, then a walking cast, then physical therapy. I’ve been nervous to get on the scoot since my accident, both because I’ve felt unsafe and also because I‘ve not really been sure that my leg could take the jolt of putting my foot down quickly to stop.

Today, I decided that I had enough of being a wimp. I went out on the highway.

It’ been hotter than hell here in the DC/Baltimore region, but that’s no excuse to compromise your safely. I put on full gear (jacket, helmet, gloves) and went for a ride. It felt great to have the wind in my hair, er, helmet again. I’ve really missed scootering!

On my ride today, I also rolled my Vespa over 1500 miles. Another milestone! Snapped this shot in the parking lot at the Giant at Dorsey’s Search.




No comments: