2.19.2009

Scooting Hotlanta

I’m in Atlanta this week, and the scooters are in bloom. On the campus of Georgia Tech, students on scooters are literally everywhere – including nearly running me over on the sidewalk outside of Starbucks this morning. And they’re a hearty breed: last night we had dime-size hail, thunder, and lightning, but that did not deter the scooterists from being out on the road. A bright red scoter zipped by me, driver clad in the ever-fashionable lawn and leaf bag. Hats off to you, Mr. Hefty.

All of this is making me eager for spring. Let’s ride!

1 comment:

Steve said...

I'm giddy to get my scooter out. I've had it out once or twice so far this year, but I'm dying for the weather to warm up. Jen got me saddle bags and my mom replaced my poor top box, so I'm ready to haul some stuff. I almost came by your place a few weeks ago when we had that awesome Sunday, but then I didn't. Oh, wait... this is supposed to be a comment, not an e-mail. Well, then... "yeah... go trash bag man!"