7.21.2009

Trading Up: A Fond Farewell to Pete Lee

Long time, no blog. Sorry guys. It’s been a hectic spring for me, what with getting my master’s degree and getting married and all. But the weather’s fine and the scooters are in season, so I am looking forward to getting back to posting.

This week, I left the pack of casual scooterists behind and became the proud owner of a Vespa GTS 250. I haven’t had a chance to pick it up from MotoStrada yet, but I hope to be racing the cagers back and forth to work in Annapolis by August. I am super excited about my new ride and looking forward to being able to see some new scenery. My 50cc Honda Metropolitan was an excellent starter scoot, but I’ve learned that I like scootering enough to make the step up to a bigger size.

Before I get started blogging about my new adventure, I think that it’s necessary to pay homage to my starter scooter: a 2008 Honda Metropolitan named Pete Lee. Pete was in my life almost a year to the day, and he and I spent a good 423 miles together. That may not seem like much to those of you with bigger engines, but 400 miles is a lot of running around town. Pete left me on Sunday for his new home with a lovely local gal named Sherry. Or Shelly. Or Shelby. Whatever, I can’t remember, but that’s not important. What is important is that Pete Lee was a fabulous learning scooter, and he will be missed.

RIP, Pete Lee.
July 30, 2008 – July 19, 2009

No comments: