8.17.2009

helpful little lessons

Spending more time on the scooter is both relaxing and educational. My riding is getting better and I am becoming more confident in traffic and with my scooter in general. Plus, I can drive way faster.

Since I’m riding so many more places, I have also learned that there are some things that you cannot do on a scooter, even a bigger one. Just a few things on the list include:

1. Picking up the dry cleaning, unless you want your scooter to double as a sail.
2. Dropping off or picking up the dogs – or children, I would imagine, of at least a certain age.
3. Sneezing. Enough said.
4. Drinking or trying to apply chapstick with the face shield down. Yes, it’s hard to see, okay?
5. Answering a cell phone call, when you have your helmet on. Leads to unfortunate smashing of iPhone against fiberglass.

Just a few helpful little lessons.

No comments: