9.22.2008

the joys of tricking out, part 2


Odometer: 167.5

So this weekend, I installed my Honda rear carrier (Honda part number 08L42-GET-100, $79.95 retail price) and trunk (Honda part number 08L52-GET-110, $89.95 retail price). Well, let’s be perfectly honest: *I* didn’t actually install it, Jen did it for me. Still, it got installed and looks snappy!


The whole installation process took about 20 minutes. First, you install the rear carrier by
removing the carrying handle and lifting out the inside. As someone who thinks you really should never look under the hood of a car except in case of emergency, I’ll admit that it was a little scary to see all the guts of the scooter just hanging out there in the open. But the rack went on exactly the same way that the old one came off, just a few screws and it was done.

The trunk was also easy, though it seems like the thing should have come with pre-drilled holes (it didn’t). I have now doubled my carrying capacity, plus made my scooter look a little more substantial on the road. I wish the Honda trunk came in colors to match my scooter’s paint job, but they only offer black. Still, I am delighted and ready to head out for some errands! Harris Teeter, look out.

2 comments:

Steve said...

Sweet... Just heard back from MotoStrada. Quote "I just spoke with the shipper and he says they should be in by the 1st." WTF? What happened to the "2-3 weeks" that I heard 3 weeks ago?

Just Plane Jayne said...

Man, that totally sucks. Want to borrow Pete Lee (that's my scooter) for the weekend so you can feel the wind in your hair?